review on Athlon 64 Venice core

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll read up on this tomorrow, but yeah from the early reviews I saw at xtremesys (lucky ass people get early revisions, they have jobs at like DFI and AMD and whatnot though) but yeah it went to 2.8 rather easily. I want to see how the san diegos perform although I don't even know if I can afford it. 3 months or so I'll be going AMD and a venice for sure ;)

Hmmm....well, with this new way of using the silicon, and the small transistor size I believe the architectural limit is still there....I believe AMD has infact fixed the cold bug but not entirely sure, I'd assume over 3GHz, but I think if you got 3.5GHz on one, that'd be mighty impressive....I think they are just still kind of limited by the new layout of the silicon to be honest

do you know what cooling was used on the FX-55 that almost got 4GHZ?

with the same cooling, and the higher overclockability of Venices, maybe AMD can break 4GHZ

maybe, but even if they do, it will be a while off yet. imagine when AMD release 4Ghz Stock CPU's :) intel will be on something like 7ghz by then lol.

Pretty sure they used cascades, and they did make it to the big 4.0 actually. ;)

The overclocking potential on these things is really something to marvel at, here's a 3.2GHz 3700+ Sandy on chilled water.

32613D850.JPG

Wow, nice speed!

I wanna get a Venice or SD, but my winchester still has plenty of life left in it. If you can break 3ghz with an AMD, damn ur good. And thats a damn fine CPU.

with the same cooling, and the higher overclockability of Venices, maybe AMD can break 4GHZ
dual or triple cascade phase change

4GHz has already been hit guys ;)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58642&highlight=4GHz

I know I've posted that before too.

Like I said though, that FX-55 is still using 130nm technology and with the 90nm and the particalar way the silicon is being used there would be an architectural limit.

bah! is that website down apokalipse? because that link isn't working for me, but I'm not sure if it's the link or the site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom