Revealing The Power of DirectX 11 - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to philbar71
Default Re: Revealing The Power of DirectX 11

hmm i wonder what the DX11 cards will be like.

The only thing ATi can render faster than nVidia is the BSOD

SLI ON INTEL P45: http://www.techist.com/pc/f76/sli-intel-chipset-219886/

<<< i like rep :D
Old 02-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master Techie

My guess is they will be just like dx10 cards but with dx11 support

Old 02-12-2009, 06:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke

^no, there gonna be uber awesome with a different shape, triangle to be exact..........lol. That would be kinda cool though. Maybe they could flip them around at the same time also.
Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4
Old 02-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #24 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubfreak View Post
How many people actually use it compared to slackers still using dx9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubfreak View Post
How many people actually use it compared to slackers like mikesgroovin that still find Black and White 2, TrackMania, Team Fortress 2 and Peggle Extreme very entertaining and because they work very hard for a living and barely find the time to sleep much less get to find time to experiment with new dx versions that are required by new games and are still using dx9.
fixed
Old 02-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

There were similar news before DX10 was out stating how good DX10 will be, but it seems that DX10 is really a big joke and overhyped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poizen22 View Post
think of it this way there are barely any dx10 games out. so dont worry about dx11 yet.
Yes, and all those DX10 games can run on DX9 video cards
Old 02-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgroovin View Post
fixed
to be fair, its not that hard to install vista.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets

And to be fair, I said nothing about Vista and the time it took to install the OS. I was panning on the time it took to experiment with new dx versions and I related the "entertainment value" based on Black and White 2, TrackMania, Team Fortress 2 and Peggle Extreme which are all games... so, one might be able to guess that I was referring to the "dx10 game finding/playing" being the time consumer.... not installing the OS. I have Vista installed in a virtual machine... and no it's not hard to install. I leave it on a PC in case friends and/or clients have questions so that I can refer to it. Difficulty levels of installing OS types was never in question... it's the time... time time time. Something I have very little of.

But, going to back to the time reference... 99% of my business relationships include XP. My job requires 2000/2003/Linux servers and 2000/XP clients. There is nothing else that I can get out of Vista other than a resource for informational purposes, nor is there anything else that I want. Going back to my original statement, I'm very satisfied with the 9c game vault that I have and that I look forward to playing in my free time.... I have no need for 10 (right now ) I'm sure that eventually, once I have more time and once things looks promising for 11... I'll hop on the train. But, I'm not going to stand around and wait for a train that isn't coming for a long time
Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgroovin View Post
And to be fair, I said nothing about Vista and the time it took to install the OS. I was panning on the time it took to experiment with new dx versions and I related the "entertainment value" based on Black and White 2, TrackMania, Team Fortress 2 and Peggle Extreme which are all games... so, one might be able to guess that I was referring to the "dx10 game finding/playing" being the time consumer.... not installing the OS. I have Vista installed in a virtual machine... and no it's not hard to install. I leave it on a PC in case friends and/or clients have questions so that I can refer to it. Difficulty levels of installing OS types was never in question... it's the time... time time time. Something I have very little of.

But, going to back to the time reference... 99% of my business relationships include XP. My job requires 2000/2003/Linux servers and 2000/XP clients. There is nothing else that I can get out of Vista other than a resource for informational purposes, nor is there anything else that I want. Going back to my original statement, I'm very satisfied with the 9c game vault that I have and that I look forward to playing in my free time.... I have no need for 10 (right now ) I'm sure that eventually, once I have more time and once things looks promising for 11... I'll hop on the train. But, I'm not going to stand around and wait for a train that isn't coming for a long time
Which was exactly my point as to why dx11 wont be mainstream for a LONG time
Old 02-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
There were similar news before DX10 was out stating how good DX10 will be, but it seems that DX10 is really a big joke and overhyped

Yes, and all those DX10 games can run on DX9 video cards
Oh my god, maroon1 has just said something, and I'm agreeing with it 100%

Yeah, when you compare screenshots of DirectX 10 games using DirectX 10 vs DirectX 9.0c, you almost never see an actual difference, unless you look REALLY hard.

but, seeing as how Windows 7 is much better liked in general than Vista on release, perhaps it might be what DirectX 11 needs to take off.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
Biostar Stole my heart

Send a message via MSN to Hussein19891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalipse View Post
Oh my god, maroon1 has just said something that I agree with 100%

Armagedon is near.

Closed Thread