Returning EVGA Video Card, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
The advice that I'm specifically talking about is exactly how to word my problem correctly to avoid EVGA rejecting it.

I recently purchased a couple of computers, and one is from one of my friends, (he doesn't come to this site, mind you). He shipped me the computer, and the video card did not work; obviously because of UPS mishandling it. The only problem is that the video card gives no signal to the monitor. I have tried all of the trouble-shooting steps that I can think of, and have had a second pair of eyes to help me out. The video card definitely needs to be returned. However, I didn't post this is the hardware help forum, because I have moved on from this being a hardware problem to this being a return policy. I know that I should take advantage of the UPS insurance that was with it, but UPS asks for a lot of things in regards to returns. He has not registered the card with EVGA, yet it is only about three months old. If I register it now, I still get a one year warranty.

My question is, what is the easiest thing to write, when filling out an RMA, to get EVGA to take the card back and replace it, hassle free? I have never owned an EVGA card until now, and I have never returned a card period; however, I have heard the horror stories of trying to return graphics cards to companies before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

EVGA is usually pretty good about it....heck, I burned up my old 7600gs's fan, sent it in, and they sent a brand new one back (just because it was a lower end card and was cheaper to replace new than try to fix it).

Thanks carnage,

But don't you have to fill out a reason as to why you are returning it? I mean, should I just list the truth or just write something like, "Does not display on any monitor"?

You need to go ahead and register the card. You should be given an option to purchase a RMA cross shipping option. I think it's about $11 for 3 day shipping, they ship you the replacement and you ship the defective product after you get the new card.

Once you have registered the card you need to call EVGA Tech Support. I always ask for Jake, he's a friend of mine. Regardless of the technician just explain your problem and they'll tell you your next step. You'll have a new card in no time at all :D

Thanks Slaymate! I'm going to ask for Jake at your recommendation, haha. I will definitely register the product and all of that good stuff and tell them what's wrong.

Thanks for everybody's help!

It's evga. Request an rma because it doesnt work. They arent *******s like most companies. Also, that reminds me i gotta register my 285s.

Well, I was looking at the EVGA return policy, and their RMA policy seems to only be valid within 30 days of purchasing the product and registering it in that time frame. The product was not registered after its purchase; therefore, I don't think I qualify for the RMA. It also says only applicable for the original owner, which I am not that either...ergh...I hope I don't have any problems with this.

No, you only get the lifetime warranty by registering in 30days. If you forget to register, you get 1 year. But they will require the original invoice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom