Rethinking My Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I have a ATC aluminum 10 bay case, with a 3200+, which has been running, what i think, is too warm. The case came standard with two fans in the front to draw air in, but i have three hd with hd fans on them that inhibit most of the air flow. My ps has two fan for exhaust from the top of the case. I also have one rear fan and one fan on the top of the case, not very powerful.

I have lately noticed my cpu temps are 45c when its 60f out side, and of course when its humid in the 70s out side I hit mid 50's c with idle. This is all with the stock hsf. I have seen it hit high 50's c in BF 1942 DC, with occasional lock ups.

I obviously need a new hsf, I am considering the Thermaltake Silent Boost, with a duct mod for the cpu. I am thinking of putting this fan monitor in my case.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-883-001&depa=0
To control four case fans. I plan on cutting some holes in my side panel, one above the apg, the other above the cpu for intake fans, and hook them up to the monitor to control them.

I am doing all of this in mind of keeping my system as cool as it can be with also being quiet.

Is there anything that i am over looking? Fans or hsf that you recommend for my case?

Thanks.

I am getting the Thermaltake Silent Tower Heatpipe Cooler CL-P0025 and 2 ducting mods for my Intel CPU. It's only like 21 Db, and the airflow is 52.24 CFM. Does your CPU happen to be k8 or k7? If so, then this hsf may do the trick for CPU temp. Note: I'm assuming that how quiet and how good the airflow is on this one is roughly the same as the previous hsf mentioned.

hsf: http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cpu-tta-20.html

To further help you, I need to know if your other fans are 60, 80, 92, or 120mm fans. I also need to know the socket of your CPU (i.e. A, 939, 940 etc.)

My AMD 3200+ is a socket A. The stock hsf is 60mm, but i was looking at 80mm. All of my case fans are 80mm, and I am looking at only adding 80mm case fans. The thermaltake silent boost has only 2500 rpm, i dont know the cfm of this hsf. The one you are looking at, i dont know if that one would fit in my case, does it matter which way it goes on the cpu, can it be attached to any side? I dont know if it is k7, k8.

Yours is K7 if you have an AMD 3200+ XP which is socket A like you said. the K8 is the 64bit chips......the SLK-900A is about the best damn heatsink I think you can get on the market. It doesn't came with a fan however, but it adapts from 80mm to 92mm fans, and if you get a vantec tornado and some arctic silver 5 I bet you'll get ATLEAST 10 degree drop. Tornado is loud though so it'd be good to have a controller for it.

No they can't be attached to any side the clips go in spot inparticuler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom