Response Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carniva

In Runtime
Just a quick question about Response Times. Say a monitor has a Response Time of 16ms and another one has a Response Time of 25ms, i know this is a daft question and we are talking miliseconds, but would you really be able to tell the differance in ways of performance. Would the 16ms monitor be a hell of a lot better?

And also how come crt dont have Response Times???

Thanks in advance

Good questions :confused: Well milliseconds and even nanoseconds do build up, but I don't know how noticable it'd be. I think perhaps it might limit your refresh rate capabilities, but other than that I'm not entirely sure.

And also how come crt dont have Response Times???
I think it may be simply because the CRT is using 'Cathode Ray Tube' whereas LCD is transistors, so the two being completely different technologies simply are going to have other mechanics to them. It'd be nice is plasma screens where the norm :p

LCd has different technology than CRT, it happens that the pixels stays ON until they are told to change. unlike in CRT the screen has to be refreshed every time.

so the delay in LCD in the pixel refresh can cause a shadow effect, as if like for example you are playing a video game with faster frame rates, and as the animation is occuring, every time a pixel has to change, so as if the monitor has delay (high milli second) then it would make you feel like a shadow is being generated of the moving object. which eventually will turn off as the time completes, so lesser the time, faster the pixel change rate.

yep i understand that, the thing is that a really wanted a diamond pro 19inch monitor in black (it has to be black), but i cant find anywhere in the UK where they stock them anymore, apparently they have been discontinued (any suggestions). So i was looking at getting a 19inch TFT instead, but it seems that most monitors around the £350 mark have response times of 25ms, just wondered if this was good, bad, and would i experience alot of shadowing etc.

wel to some, they actually experience the shadow effect, and to some they dont.

and why 19"? bad thing about LCD's is that from 17-19" they have same native resolution @ 1280X960 whilst this isnt the case in CRT's. thats why I have to buy a 20+ panel for the native to be at least 1600X1200. and it came with all + + ppoints with contrast ratio of 600:1 and responce time = 16ms. but with a very good price tag of 1200£.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom