resolut problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

glostik

Solid State Member
Hey I have a little problem concerning my resolution, either in games, or sometimes on the desktop. When I tried changing my resolution, my screen went black and I got the message "Unknown Mode". I tried uninstalling/reinstalling my video drivers and still nothing? What the hell is "Unknown mode" and how can I fix it, so it won't come up?

well it was on the lowest one, 800x600 and I put it to a higher one, and then the screen just went black and that message appears. Now It won't even let me change resolutions :[

I'd say maybe 2 years ? It was working fine just yesterday though. This problem only came up after I reformatted today. I was running the monitor on 75hertz refresh rate, and 1024x768 res. no problem. Then It goes all weird after reformat. I don't get it

Installed all the ones that could be found and yah. This sucks, I should've just kept the computer the way it was :[

what is your monitor and video card?

if it's an Nvidia card, you can install forceware drivers
if you do, right click on the tray icon, and click on the list with your monitor name, then options

uncheck "hide modes this monitor cannot support"

GeForce FX5500, and my monitor is an LCD. Doesn't have a name on it though :x

Was running the monitor on 1024x768 at 75hertz refresh rate yesterday and it was fine, no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom