Reset BIOS or re-enable shared graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akm2k

Solid State Member
I accidentally saved my BIOS settings with the shared graphics memory as 'disabled' and now my monitor displays nothing!
Is there any way i can reset my BIOS settings or set the shared memory size back to 32mb? It is a laptop and it has 5 year cover but its such a pain to get in contact with them!!! I want to fix it but without invalidating the cover!

I have tried going blind clicking 'del' constantly and then when i feel it is in BIOS i click F9 which i beleive should reset to default but it doesn't seam to work, im not sure if it is even doing anything when it is turning on...

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Akm2k

If you are not afraid of opening the laptop up, you can re-set CMOS, which will clear the memory of all settings like that. You will probally have to take the little battery out, leave it for a while, and put it back in, as there probally won't be any jumpers to do it instantly, to save overclockers time.

If you flash the BIOS it will set it back to normal, as it will have a new BIOS, but you have to check you got the right one, re-check and triple check, as there is no going back if it is the wrong one.

Thanks for the reply, i thought of takin out the battery but i dont want to risk invalidating the cover by doing it myself because i no how funny they are about it and with they other option i dont no how easy it would be with no display...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom