replacing usb port components

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtigre

Solid State Member
hello;

I got a rather unique problem on my hands. It seems that both my usb port on my Dell dimension computer over the years were totally destroyed (thanks to the kids). They must have constantly tried to insert the usb connector wire into the receptor the wrong way any now it barely holds the wire at all.
Well anyway, I contacted Dell and they told me that the 2 usb ports are actually on a what resembles a small PCI card and that fits in a slot off the mother board. Well when I read the manual and then went into the computer to examine the situation. I found out that the usb ports are actually secured right to the motherboard! (the port opening is actually on the motherboard itself. ) My question is if and when I want to replace these two ports, does anyone know a way that I can do this? thanks DOn

your best bet would be to get a PCI card at a place like newegg and put that in your computer. Its prolly the cheapest way to fix the problem

dumdum8684

thanks for the fast reply. You mean a pci card with usb ports contained on it? Thanks DOn

yea. he means that. to replace ur existing usb ports, you would have to get a new mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom