Replacement lcds

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbino

Beta member
I am looking for a replacement lcd for my Compaq Presario 700 laptop. I have been told that some other brands, like a Gateway will also fit. Where can I find out what other brands will fit? As you probably know those compaq ones are expensive but I notice that other brands seem to go alot cheaper on places like ebay. Thanks for your time.

I was just wondering what kind of prices ya got so far with your existing Laptop for replacement LCD's? I heard that the most expensive part of any Laptop was the LCD Monitor. So if ya broke the Monitor it was usually more cost effective to buy a whole new Laptop. :confused:

I have a Toshiba Satelite 1755 that I dropped and had to replace the LCD display. It cost about $500 for the display, and then I had to do the install myself.

My suggestion is go to Google, put in your laptop brand, and what you need, ie "Toshiba Satelite 1755 replacement display"

Well the price varies from about $200 to $250. Unfortunately at this time I don't have the money to just buy a new laptop. I looked at getting a flat panel but the one I wanted was about $300. So after reading how to replace the screen, which didn't look to tough, decided to try and find a replacement. Bad thing is I bought a extended warranty from Best Buy and was told anything was covered, even if I broke the screen. Well, needless to say they wouldn't back what they said. Won't buy from them again.

Well that sounds pretty cheap to me. I had a horrible experience @Best Buy. Dragged on over a year but I finally got my camera replaced +extras!!! Went thru comsumer affairs, Better Business Bureau, State Attorney's Office, etc... It became a quest!!:D
Well the price varies from about $200 to $250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom