Removing side panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
I have always wondered if taking the side panel off of the PC will do any damage? The reason why I ask is because my PC has been running some what hotter than normal, so I took it out of the cabinet it was in and put it on top of my desk. That helped a little bit, but not enough, so I was thinking about taking the side panel off, but I'm not sure if that can damage anything or not. Normally my PC runs at 28-30C, but lately it has been balancing out at 39-43C. I know that 39-43 is not all that bad, but I like to keep it as cool as possible.

taking off the side pannel will not hurt in the short run. over time more dust and such can get in. you should look into the underlying problems creating the heat. most likely fans clogged with dirt. you can clean your fans with compressed air (when it is turned off :)) to clean them up and see if your heat drops.

Yeah I forgot to add that I cleaned the big whopping 1 fan that it came with.....I'm just using the stock cooling system. It just seems like one day it decided that it wanted get really hot and not go back down

leaving the case side off will not effect the pc or it's functionality, however leaving the side off alows more dust in and case fans have less effect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom