Removing scratches from DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezy Ryder

Solid State Member
Halo 2 doesn't work and I think it's because of the scratches on the outer edge of the DVD. So is there a way to remove those scratches?

JDGreen92086 said:
Get a cd cleaner. example http://www.millionbuy.com/diggamedr.html
Should work for you unless the scratches are too deep.

EDIT: I actually have this thing and it works great. works out the arms as well :) I've used this sooooo many times. When I rent a movie and it doesnt work or skips, out comes the dr. and it fixes it right up

Thanks for your answer, but I don't know if that thing available here in Finland. I'll have to look in to it. Looks nice tho.

I have used that cleaner and let me tell you it is amazing. Will remove almost any scatch. Only downsidre is its alot of cranking

I've used toothpaste on cd's to fix scratches, not sure about using on DVD's though. Also conditioner (this is usually better, less abrasive). Have to be very careful with the toothpaste remedy as it may scratch even farther if you are not careful and dont do it right.

I have a friend that works at a local blockbuster video store. THey have a machine that cleans, buffs and removes surface scratches. I just bring all my DVD's & CD's to him when they need to be done.

That machine is awesome...

Killians is right, but I've never heard of using Conditioner. I've heard of the toothpaste trick though. You want to use the least abrasive toothpaste you can, and not a whole lot of it. There is a certain type of toothpaste... It is all natural or something like that... It's like Earl's Toothpaste or something like that. They have it in all stores, but it's a little on the expensive side (compared to other toothpastes) because it is all natural.

What do you do with the tooth paste? I have a battery operated polisher from Neato that, frankly, doesn't work given the polishing solution they included with the unit. I was contemplating using jewelers polish or something a little more abrasive. So, again, how do you employ the tooth paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom