Removing & replacing fans..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fefner

Baseband Member
I have a crappy old Foxconn in my computer and I wanted to replace it with a Ball bearing cooler master I have. But I dont know how to take the whole thing out (Filter n all) . Could some one maybe tell me how? :umm:

Foxconn? What kind of computer do you have? Are you using a manufacturer built computer like Dell, Compaq, PeoplePC, anything like that or what? I need to know if you have a pre-built machine like that, if not what kind of case do you have because I don't know what Filter you are talking about. And I'm assuming you are wanting to change out your CPU Fan is what you're mainly talking about?

Thou shalt not diss the FoxConn!

Seriously...Amiga still uses them as standard! lol :)

Where is the sucker located? In your PSU? In a drive-case? Should be able to just find the screw or clip and pull the fan out. Once it comes out, the filter should be easy to remove.

its a Etower 633. Yea I got the actual fan out but im having trouble getting filter de attached. It might be permanent though :confused:

Ahh sounds like shoobie has had experience with this as I have no clue what filter you are talking about or even FoxConn for that matter. Go shoobie! :p

Most FoxConn fans and cooling systems were designed for as-is installations. It's odd for a mainstream system to still be using their stuff. Like I said, the only computers I know of that still use FoxConn components regularly, are the Amigas.

Chance are, you're gonna have to ditch it. The filter probably won't come off. It's hard to tell, though, as FoxConn made craploads of stuff. (Still does.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom