Removing partition of USB Flash Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
i bought this PENDRIVE(tm) Pro which came paritioned.. where A: (or B: if there is a floppy drive present) has this ENCRYPTION SOFTWARE .. and F: is the storage area..

I wanted to get rid of the extra partitioned drive and just make my flashdrive one letter.. i tried formatting drive F: but A: was still present.. A: does not appear in Device manager panel, nor in powerquest partition magic 8...

what am i missing here?

why do i keep getting an email that someone replied to this topic, and when i come here there isnt any reply?

WTF? i got another one:

Hello clever_j,

Edjoted4 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Removing partition of USB Flash Drive - in the Other Computer HW Topics forum of Computer Technology Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=140700&goto=newpost

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again.

Yours,
Computer Technology Forum team

but when i come here there's nothing.. what is going on around here?

he was a spammer so was removed, As to your query I don't know of a way to get rid of the security section on a USB drive but considering it takes up nothing at all its not even worth formatting to one partition.

of course if u r really desperate, try taking a strong magnet and swiping over your flash drive, it will turn all the one's and zero's into just zeroes... of course idk if this will render the drive unusable or not so be careful what u do lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom