Removing LCD Screen Scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuuriell

Beta member
Hello, new poster here. ^_^ I THINK this is the right place for this, so here goes.

As a result of rambunctious miniature humans, I have acquired a few scratches in my new LCD monitor screen. The screen is plastic, and the scratches aren't too deep.

I'm wondering if there are ways I can remove the scratches without having to pay an arm and a leg.

Thank-you for your time. ^_^

Do you mean the actual screen? Or it has a plastic covering (like a plexiglass type of thing) over it? If it is the latter, I know they make scratch-remover fluid for glasses; not sure if that would work or not.

Do you mean the actual screen? Or it has a plastic covering (like a plexiglass type of thing) over it? If it is the latter, I know they make scratch-remover fluid for glasses; not sure if that would work or not.

The scratches are on the actual screen; the screen itself is plastic.

Sadly there is little you can do, I would buy a screen protector to prevent further damage though.

I did look further into this for you, it looks like there is some DIY kit's out there that are supposed to fix scratches but I am not sure how well they would work if they would work at all. I would stear clear of them as they look more like snake oil than a real working product.

I just ran into a similar situation with a monitor. Tried using a filler but it really did not help just stayed the same. Really there is not a lot you do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom