Removing Case Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyM

Beta member
recently replaced my 2 80mm case fans with quieter ones. these connect up to the power via the 4 pin power connectors.

i want to remove my old case fans, but i'm concerned about doing so. they're both wired up to a 4 pin power connector, but the power to the CPU is sharing the same connector. would it be safe just to pull these case fan wires out of this connector ?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Are you talking about the molex connectors ?

I wouldnt advise you pull wires out of molex connectors or any other connector for that matter.

Why can you not just re-organise your wires so that your CPU gets the connector it needs, and just unplug your case fans.

Kangaroo - i should point out i'm a novice inside the PC. re-organising the wires inside my PC is a no-go area. i just wanted a quick and simple method of removing these damn things. why they had to wire them up like this ...

Catbert - that's what i thought. someone suggested otherwise to me, but i was hesitant to act on this. i think i'll hold off on that.

thanks for the responses.

Well if thats the way they are connected, you have no other choice. Usually the cpu fan go's striaght to your mobo. Its only a wire, nothing bad can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom