Removable HDD install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludwigmd

Beta member
I just bought a Lacie D2 extreme hardrive with 250 GB that my computer recognizes in the device manager but cannot start. Thus it doesn't show up anywhere else including disk management. It indicates code 10 . I tried using windows for troubleshooting but it won't help. What does code 10 mean? Please help. I appreciate it. Thanks!:wooha: :wooha:

try going to ur manufacturer's site and downloading the latest drivers... that always worked for me lol

Thanks again SiLv3R now my computer can recognize my ext HD after a driver update but I still can't use it because thw software that I'm using (Backup My PC) cannot write to the media, Incompatible? This was done after formatting and partitioning the drive which took 3 hours(250 GB). Also the drive is not recognized by the software. Windows indicate that device is working properly. What gives? Please help!

Also, does the disc need to be formatted and partitioned everytime before a backup because everytime a backup fails the disk mgt indicates that the disc is not initialized? Need help bad. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!

hmmm perhaps you should try another software for backup? can you write to the drive through windows? if you can than it might be something to do with the software you are using.. try looking in the manual or help in troubleshooting and see if they cover your problem or contact the company that made the software

My problems have been solved by using another software. Apparently the first one I used does not support firewire although it indicated in the box. Ah, well. I appreciate SiLv3R's help a lot for pointing me in the right direction. Thank God for people like you. Again your help was very much appreciated. God Bless!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom