Remote Display/Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoMan1

Beta member
All,

Hi. I found the forums by searching for ‘tech forums' this one was the first result in Google and seemed to have about a 10:1 ratio for answers to questions. Also, seemed to be highly active so… here I am. Any who, on to the question.
I am seeking the advice of others smarter than myself. I need to do the following in a small office situation:
1. Use a PC in an adjoining office from the first office (office 1)
2. Display in the conference room (office 2):
a. PowerPoint
b. DVD
3. Control the DVD/PowerPoint from either ‘office 1' OR ‘office 2' using the desktop machine in ‘office 1'.

I can make modifications to walls, have some budget, and have a wired network available for use if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer, all brainstorming welcome.

-John

Sorry I think I'm looking at this wrong.

Okay so you have 3 offices? The PC is in the office you haven't mentioned, then you want to use that PC in Office 1 and display it on a projector to Office 2?

Baez,
Actually, I have an amazing talent for putting work into clarity and causing commotion, forgive me. There are 2 offices, 1 and 2 in a building. The PC is in office, one (HR office) and the second office ‘office 2' is a training room for new hires. The office, ‘office 2', has a Television in the room, I want to display the DVD and the PowerPoint using the existing TV from the PC in the next room, ‘office 1' (HR office).

I hope that helps.

-John

Alright so what you'll need is a KVM switch. Among a couple other things.

But first, do you know what video formats your TV accepts?

Hi,

Yes, I have 4 HDMIs, 2 USBs, and 2 sets of RCA inputs.

I was leaning towards a KVM too, but was thrown by thier statements, use two computers with one keyboard mouse/monitor. I need the one computer, two keyboard, video, mouse setups in differing rooms.

Would you suggest wireless or routing the cables through the wall? Also, do you have any specific suggestions based on your experience?

Thanks!

If you can do it over a lan or a WAN a VNC might be better, But if the offices are next to each other a KVM might be better.

]Best thing with a KVM is the lack of performance ht I use a 20 port KVM daily and have no issues with speed.

All,

Thanks TONS for your input! I'm leaning towards a KVM, I love wireless (as an idea) but as a necissary part of business, I'm not a fan. Wired all day.

So, this said, does anyone have any particular suggestions for quality/cheap (can you have both) KVM for a sharing a single CPU with a monitor and TV connection (using HDMI to the television)?

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom