Remember the good ol' days

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein1jo

In Runtime
I just finished working on a client's computer today. I was given 2 computers, one was a P1 166Mhz and the other a P1 200Mhz. I had to take the best from both computers to make 1 PC. Final specs......

Antec 250W Power Supply
P1 200Mhz with MMX
128 MB EDO 72 pin RAM
CD-RW drive
Sound Blaster 16
ATI 3D Rage II+ with Creative 8MB 3dFX Addon card
1 6GB HD (OS)
1 2GB HD (Documents)
1 1.5GB HD (Games)

Freshly installed copy of Windows 98 with the swap file on its own partition. It's puring.

But look at the video. I had to choose between an ATI Rage II+ with S-video and comp out and a 2MB ATI Rage II+ Mach64 GT. Both made in 1997. I chose the card with the S-video and comp out to accompany the 3DFX Addon card. I couldn't tell which was better and reseach brought up nothing. But I think it's pretty interesting. Does anyone else remeber when VooDoo and the 3dFX cards were king?

Nothing better than classic hardware.

However, at home I have something better.

486 IMB running windows 3.1, 350Mb hard drive, 3.5 & 5.25 floppy, with the extra ram addon. I dont know the full specs, but it still runs!

Fallout, Fallout 2, Simcity 3000 (with some stuttering), Castles 2, Risk, tons of old stuff.

yeah, check this out, okay let me see:

Pentium 1 200mhz non mmx style
48mb EDO
2GB HDD
this is disappointing 4mb on board, forgotton chipset
some random motherboard where you actually had to put on an attatchment into the board for expansion cards.
1 fan

it gave me hours worth of reliable age of kings playing though but it's had its run even though it still works.

those were called "macintosh classic"

at my school, they are still running "macintosh plus" machines! how pathetic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom