Refresh rate too low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Hi Everybody,
Im in the market for a new monitor from HP (only HP for reasons you may figure out;) ) and naturally i looked right to the top of the bunch to thier biggest monitor:p I was looking through the specs and noticed that when at the max res it only gets 60Hz. I read an online guide (not sure if it was really a reputable source) and it said to look for no less than 70Hz. Does the Giant res make up for the low refresh?

No, giant res will not make up for refresh rate

60hz can cause headaches and other medical problems

yah when you get down to 60hz, you can actually see it flickering, it sux. i would take 1280x1024@70 over 1600x1200@60 anyday

Its actually 1920X1200 / 60 Hz if you look at the link. out of these, which would you say i get? Also any monitor that Staples has I can get but thats the limit:(

60 is the normal refresh rate for LCDs. It is CRTs that you have to crank up the refresh rate on.

Upping the refresh rate on an LCD changes the picture quality on an LCD... the higher the refresh, the thinner the borders are. At max refresh, text can be hard to read.

So are you saying 60Hz for that monitor is OK and I won't notice anything? On my Current LCD 60Hz Flickers real bad, hard to see anything without eye strain/ headache Wich of these would you suggest?

Nothing below 19", but that is my personal preference.

60Hz is fine for an LCD, but not a CRT. My LCD is set at 60, and it is fine.

The L1902 would work, but the next model up looks to be more stable, and has a wider viewing angle.

You have a spoiled preference, im using a 17" and 15" CRT

CRT's are what you require a high refresh rate for.

i have a crt and i have it at 1792x1344@60HRTz and it looks real nice but u say it causes medical probs i toulk it down and 85hrtz refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom