reformatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikillyou61

Banned
Why do people say to reformat about every 6 months or so?

Isn't there a way to speed up the computer without overclocking or anything?

I used to reformat every day with my other computer cause it was so gay I mean hackers would hack in all the time and viruses so I got this new one and smashed my dell with a sledgehammer cause dells suck badly!!!

They run fast for a while but then they get slower and slower and slower!!!

Cheap but they suck!!!

Half Life:

"The time taken by certain materials to lose half their strength."

In the case of windows it's just a couple of years.

well with all the crap that you get off the web is is a good thing to format about every 6 month, but the key to reformating is zeroing out the drive, now that does not just wipe the MBR master boot record, zeroing out the drive wipes it clean aka destroyes any and all data on the drive.

now that is a quote and a half "every windows has a half life". even better if you add more to the definition. half life is also the time it takes for activity to decrease by half lol. you can run windows far longer than that but a reformat kills anything that might be hiding and gives you a fresh start+ it will probably stay faster because you better know how you like your computer set up so there is less trial and error with software.

The best way to keep from needing to reinstall that often is constant upkeep. If it gets to a point where it's really slow, you can't do a whole lot to speed it up. But, if you do an adware scan daily, virus scan weekly, defrag your drives every couple days, and do a registry scan every couple days, it will stay fast much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom