reformatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyNaStY336

In Runtime
I read somewhere that after purchasing a new mobo and graphics card i will probably have to re-format my hard drive, how do i go about doing this? do i just restore my system to factory settings? if so then do i install the software and drivers for the mobo and graphics card before or after reformatting?

No Dynasty. thier is no need to reformat your drive. Your system wil just detect the new MOBO and Vid card and will install the drivers.

I doubt it will go that smooth. I will give it to you that some times it does. But more often then that it doesn't (in my experience) Usally what happens is that either I cant boot to the software on the harddrive endup having to reinstall or you can boot to it and in the process of uninstalling all of the old drivers to install the new drivers windows get currupted and starts halfway working so I end up reinstalling too. But maybe you will get lucky and it will all go smooth:). (Again this is just in my experineces) This is a upgraded mobo and video card right? not the same as you had before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom