reformatted/processor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramper

Beta member
My AMD 2100+ processor ran at 1.7 gh's before i reformatted my hard drive. After presumably reinstalling all drivers and everything else, my processor is now being called a 2000+ and runs at 1.3 gh's. Any solutions?

I would check the FSB setting in your bios. By default the 2100+ should run at 266 MHz (alternatively shown as 133 MHz in most biosÂ’s). The speed that you said your processor is now running at 2000+ at 1.3 GHz is quite interesting indeed considering that the default speed of the 2000+ is 1.67 GHz. WhatÂ’s even more interesting is how your processor speed dropped when you formatted your hard drive. Did you at all change any settings in the bios just before you formatted or after you formatted your hard drive? Or have you reset the CMOS?:)

my bios has always read my processor as a 2000. i shoud have mentioned that. But... it still ran at the right clock speed. I made no changes to my bios before reformatting... and really dont have any experience fidgiting with my motherboard settings. I have heard of the flashing procedure and all that jazz, but... i really want a failsafe way to just get my computer back to being healthy.
So if i need to eff with the bios... can someone give me a push in the right direction?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom