Reformated how do i get the d: to read form the cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schulz269

Daemon Poster
I'm kinda noobish when it cames to reformating and installing the os not from a recovery cd. but i reformated my hd and hooked it back up to my freinds computer and well his a: don't work so i had to do it that way and the question is how do i get it to read the windows cd so i can install windows on it?

I have tried that i tried to reboot it with the cd in the drive and no luck well here are the os and the way i reformated it.. i used the windows 98 bootup disk to reformat it but i am installin windows 95 since thta is all i have instead of recovery cds which won't work on this computer.

Yes the first thing i did was change the bootup to cdrom like when i restart it all it does is bring up teh windows 95 screen the nthat closes and then it bring up the c:\ and wants me to type in something.

i tried to type in setup in all types of ways.. i wel ltry again is there anythign else i should try also?

Like i know it is reading the d: cause it brings up the windows 95 screen liek it would if i was turning on my computer so i know it is not the d: but i amso can't change the c: to the d: i have also tried that. But y its not letting it read the disk i do not know is there any way that i might have reformated it wrong or something?

Yes but i think it is the cable not the floppy cause of the floppy light comes on and i have also tried that with 2 floppy drives and still the same thing i think i should try to replace the cable now and se what i cna get from it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom