reformat/reinstall?This normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

horndude

Fully Optimized
Just curious, usual software problem I hear all the time with windows users, when in doubt reinstall, just how often do you do this?This a normal thing to do?Wouldnt it make more sense to find the problem and fix it?I know the windows registry is complicated, but it does come with fix it type tools.

I cant imagine going thru that all the time, ive got way too much stuff on my systems to go thru that constantly.

It seems that the recommended amount of time for an reinstall is about a year.

I reinstall Windows once a year or a little more often...

There are registry cleaners, but for me, I keep my data pretty well backed up, so a fresh install really isnt that time consuming.

I just install games again as I feel the urge to play them.

I put user files on DVDs, so that I just have to copy them from the My Documents folder on the DVD to the one on the hard drive, and go and have a coffee or something as the files copy.

i would reccomend wiping every once in a while too butu could use partition magic and create another partition and save all your data on the wipe the main one and put your stuff back on or i also use a program called registry mechanic . its not free but it work to perfection. if you use reg mech use it in safe mode to make sure that nothing is left behind.

I have mine partitioned so all my files are on D and I just wipe C about once every year. It's a breeze because everything is still there and I don't have to burn DVD's and recopy all my files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom