Recording TV on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quality of the video will not be affected due to onboard video. However the quality will not be as good when using the onboard audio instead of a aditional sound card. Some people dont mind onboard sound, but I feel there is a difference between onboard sound and a sound blaster audigy platinum. How big are you into audio quality? Then you know how much it would make a difference to you.

I totally have the Nvidia personal cinema; It's got a full function remote for your pc, came witha GeForce FX5700 Ultra 256mb with a TV tuner built inot the card, it's pretty killer. It came with Intervideo WinDVR for TV, and it works great to record TV to.h

I cant get a personal cinema card cuz I dont have a PCI slot:confused: But those cards were like 4 times of the price of that leadtek one so I think im just going to get one of those.

The personal cinema is AGP, it's got the TV capture device built in. It's really cheap too, I got mine on EBAY for $170. Not a bAd deal. I saw the same onw at Best Buy for like $190 too. Check it out, it's a real good deal.

dbernie41 said:
I cant get a personal cinema card cuz I dont have a PCI slot:confused: But those cards were like 4 times of the price of that leadtek one so I think im just going to get one of those.

if u dont have a pci slot then get a usb 1

Get a USB what? Video card? Thats absurd, but I would love to have one. Too bad they dont exist.

USB tv tuners are a nice idea for a lap top, but the quality is not as good. Due to the rate at which usb can transfer the tv image. Even with usb2 the quality isnt that great. I have seen them on a frineds lap top, and i dont think its worth it.

well i have it on my laptop and it works fine only difference is that of course there is a delay but like the whole thing is a second off from a regular tv but everything else is perfectly fine. picture is almost as good as tv just small difference
i think it is worth 100 bucks and thats brand new you could find it cheaper used somewhere.
but i dunno it works fine on my laptop
specs below

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom