Recording PC Gameplay

varygoode

Beta member
I have this RCA3 (component video) / VGA converter cable (got it years ago by mistake) and I'm wondering if the data transfer is only possible one-way. It seems that the direction this works in is only outputting component video into into VGA, rather than letting me, for instance, use an HDTV as my monitor from a video card with VGA output.

My goal is to record PC gameplay using a Hauppauge HD-PVR. I just can't seem to get my computer to properly duplicate my monitor in the dual-monitor settings, as I've seen done in a few videos with similar set-ups. Of note, those folks have older video cards with some sort of different standard that they can convert into component video.

Of note, all my drivers are up-to-date, the unit is powered-on, and my GPU is functional and mounted correctly.

GPU: GIGABYTE GV-R685OC-1GD Ultra Durable VGA Series Radeon HD 6850 Video Card with Eyefinity - Newegg.com

Motherboard: MSI ZH77A-G43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

Any ideas on this? If any further info is needed, let me know. I can take pictures/video if it will help in solving this issue.

Back
Top Bottom