Recommend me a Motherboard plllllease

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAZER

Solid State Member
Hello,im going to salvage my Celeron D 2.93ghz/ddr333 512mb/and 80 HD and put it into a new AGP 8x motherboard.Im most likely to get a 9600pro because it is suited for mid-range gameing if im not mistaked.I can spend no more than 70$ on the board and 100$ on a video card (from newegg.com or a better place).I dont know nothing about duel channel support,south bridge,or north bridge for that matter.Looking to play GuildWars and ut2k4.Thx for all the help in advance :eek: .

Video Card - Note: This one is pretty good. It will get you through the game.

However, the motherboard and System you have now is good. You could just buy a Faster PCI Card and save the rig you have. I would, your not going to find a board and processor comparable to that for 70 bucks. Here is a good PCI Card:

Thats a Radeon 9250 256 Meg - Pwns for the price

This one is a different company - Still a good card for the cash.

One of the Best you are going to get Via PCI - Pretty Good

Note: this is my opinion. If you have any other questions, PM me.

PCI cards are bottlenecked by the bus what people tell me.Not clear on compairing memmory bandwith tho.5700le is best FX card and then comes the hard to find 5600,but GuildWars has problems with FX cards.Radeon 9 series on regular pci is a waist especially 256 meg.Ive done a lot of...research (up to page 20 on google ^_^)

9600 pro will do fine, except i think you should save up instead, since the 9600 is a pretty old card

You might have to buy a new Motherboard...Intel Processors and boards usually have to have the latest board with the latest Processor. I was saying save your money and get a PCI, then you could totally replace your system. Maybe an upgrade to an Athlon 64, or a P4.

HAZER said:
PCI cards are bottlenecked by the bus what people tell me.Not clear on compairing memmory bandwith tho.5700le is best FX card and then comes the hard to find 5600,but GuildWars has problems with FX cards.Radeon 9 series on regular pci is a waist especially 256 meg.Ive done a lot of...research (up to page 20 on google ^_^)

The PCI cards aren't bottlenecked from what i have read. The cards aren't utilizing the full 16x speeds. Techies are buying PCI express motherboards to prepeare for future video cards that will be able to use the technology. PCI express is the the future.

As far as a motherboard. Here. $48 and can handle a 800fsb 478 chip.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138238

Yeah the PCI cards are bottlenecked

And about the comment about that 256meg of memory, it's overkill for that card, and even if you have 512meg of video memory it's really no more bottlenecked on the PCI bus compared to a 64meg video card (assuming their the same card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom