Recomend a video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I have a monitor which says that it has a recomended display setting of 1600 x 900 resolution. My current video card will only allow either 1600 x 1200 which will be out of range or 1440 x 900 or 1400 x 1050, both of which work alright but I use the first one as it isn't out of range from the recomended display settings.

I was wondering if anyone can recomend a video card that isn't too expensive that will allow me to use the full 1600 x 900 resolution my display recomends. I know there wont be much difference but I also want to improve my boot score for my windows experience index which says that my current graphic scores are, 4.2 for aero and 6.0 for gaming. I currently have a ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series and don't want to spend too much money on one, so the cheapest you can find that is an improvement on the one I already have will be great.

Does it have a "recommended" size in Windows? If so, that size should be standard for your screen, no matter what the said resolution is on your screen manual/sticker.

I don't use windows or the on board video chip I use a separate video card, but I can't get the recomended resolution to obtain the best display resolution for my monitor. My monitor says it recomends a resolution of 1600 x 900 for best results but my current video card dosne't support that resolution. When I look for video cards they don't tell you what display resolution they support.

Try updating the drivers off AMD's website.

I remember somebody having the same issue because it was using 7's / Vista's useless Standard VGA Driver.

Did you try setting it through ATI Catalyst Control Center?

Because, even my HD 3850 512MB has support for 16:9 resolutions.

Did you check to make sure that you are using a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio. The Resolutions you give are all for 4:3 or full screen monitors not for Widescreen Monitors which is what your recommended resolution is for.

pretty sure it's software issue, I just hooked up the old dog, with MX440 (circa 2002) and it supports 1600 x 900

perhaps you over looked something?

the cheapest upgrade would probably be the Radeon HD 5450

Did you check to make sure that you are using a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio. The Resolutions you give are all for 4:3 or full screen monitors not for Widescreen Monitors which is what your recommended resolution is for.

There is no aspect ratio button, the resolution options are the only ones that the GPU supports. I have used the catalyst control center to see if I can get the resolution to 1600 x 900 but I can't do it. I wanted to know what do you look for on video cards to find the resolutions that they support as they don't tell you what resolutions they actually support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom