Recieved my Audigy2 ZS Today, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
I'm really pissed off. I spent $93.00 for the retail version of it from NewEgg, hell I can't even tell a difference with this thing. I use to have like a cheap 4 or 5 dollar card. And I honestly can not tell a difference. I heard such great things about this card and everything but really. I CANT TELL A DIFFERENCE, how can you guys say its so much better? I really don't see anything better about throwing this 100$ for nothing.

Anything I can do to really tell.

AND BTW my left speaker like cuts in an out now, not really cuts in and out but you can like hear crackling through it every so often, its retarded. I'm so pissed off right now. I cannot believe I spent this much cash for nothing....

EDIT - OH yea, and my DVD's.... They play at like 1/2 the volume my music and video games do. They did this before too but I serisouly have no idea why that would be going on eathier. Yes all the volumes are equal. But I don't have the DVD drive running to the sound card, it says you don't need to because of CDDR technology or something?

SO THERES ANOTHER SOUND PROBLEM! Good God.

It could be your speakers, if they are not high quality, then they can't produce high quality. If you don't like it just return it dude :)

don't see how it wont let you if you JUST got it...generally it's like 30 days for refund with 15% restocking fee or 7 days in the case of CPUs

call em up if you have to.

But yeah if you've got shitty speakers then it'd be pointless to upgrade the sound card...I use the DFI Ultra-D's onboard sound with a cheap 5.1 logitech system that cost $45 and it sounds awesome IMO

I wish my Ultra-D sound worked. the thing feels so flimsy when I have it insallted on my board, and when it is installed and then once drivers are updated, no sound comes out. I called newegg, and they gave me a RMA number for refund. So I'm happy. But I'm only gonna get like 65$ back so it might be pointless I dunno.

Turn up the little speaker icon in the task bar for one... I think it is cut in half by default when you install the ZS. Also, sound quality is not the issue, now you can enable hardware mixing and eax advanced hd in games.

Its all enabled, and my Sound icon, is turned up all da way, I configure my master volume, through my analog on the speaker.

AuThoRitY said:
Its all enabled, and my Sound icon, is turned up all da way, I configure my master volume, through my analog on the speaker.
If you have a friend, try testing it on their computer if they have better speakers.

I would seriously keep the audigy 2 dude, it will beat the crap out of whatever you had before for gaming.

if you can't tell the difference, your speakers are probabbly letting you down.

also, the Audigy 2 is not only about quality of sound. it's also designed to take load off the CPU more than other cheapo cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom