Recent freezup problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adinu

Baseband Member
Well after a couple of simple and safe overclocks of my 1.8 northwood, I set it back to the stock clock.

After a while, everytime I boot up my computer it freezes up at the windows xp screen, so I reboot. Next it goes to the welcome screen and freezes. Everytime it gets a little farther into the boot up and it freezes, untill after like 6 or 7 tries it finally goes into the desktop and works fine.

Today, this process took about half an hour, maybe freezing up and restarting 20 times, and even then after about 30 minutes of workin fine in the desktop it again freezes. And its a complete freezup, as in nothin works, mouse, alt+tab etc...

I dont remember what ive been installing lately, but I am well protected w/ 2 firewalls and Norton 2005.

The last thing that I did major to the computer was take off the stock heatsink and apply a bit of Arctic 5 compound.

So anyone know wahts up with my rig, its really buggin me that everytime I shut it off i have to deal with this crap at startup.

Anybody else have any ideas...now my system is really unstable, it only works for like 20 minutes before it freezes up again, and its really pissin me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom