reccomend me some hardware to boos up my speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
I started working in Maya PLE, and I modeled this little hammer out of poly surfaces. After I smoothened it out it changed to about 500 polygons, and my computer laggs like 25 seconds when I try to rotate it. Anyways, what could I buy to make it faster when working with 3d objects, my computer is fast when I do ohter things. See my computer specs. below

--
thanx

Unfortunately, CAD/3D modeling is very computing intensive. The easiest fix is to shutdown any non-essential applications and clear out your taskbar. The next thing to do is increase the RAM. 512MB is a good start but I recommend installing as much as your mobo can handle. The next thing is a newer CPU / mobo but that starts to get pricey...

If your not worried about loosing your info or if your good about backing up your files you can overclock your proccesor to 3200+ im not sure how to do it but its just a suggestion

ya, I am planning on overclocking, but I'll wait a little 'till winter so it gets colder because the processor will heat up. thanks ;-)

any other sugesstion appreciated. By the way, I don't have much dough to spend, but I was thinking on buying a new video card, like 700MHZ effective speed and stuff.

if you dont want to change a new processor with SSE2 instruction, try add more ram and change a ATA133 or SATA150 HDD.

the graphics card doen't process all parts of the graphics you model, the CPU actually has quite a lot to do, it makes all the 'framework' of the graphics (all the polygons and stuff) then sends it to the graphics card to be coloured and shaded
if you want to upgrade, I think a Sempron 3100+ with a Gigabyte K8N Pro, or an Athlon 64 3000+ or 3200+ in socket 939 with an Asus A8V or Abit AV8 3rd eye would give you a descent performance boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom