Reboots!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoLH8er

Solid State Member
:(

ok this sucks...my computer is randomly rebooting! ONLY when i am using AoL and another program (video game specifically)

any idea WHY it is doing this?

Try cleaning out the dust from your system especialy around the heatsinks and fans plus the power supply with compressed air .

Yeah download Motherboard Monitor (MBM) (do a google for it) and tell us what the CPU temp is, it maybe that, or as was suggested above, RAM/PSU

512 DDR/Athlon FX 2200+

done the clean air thing, gonna try teh MMB, is there a way to higher the reset temp..could it be my power supply?

Does your computer have enough fans? Try to sit a regular floor fan by it and aim it at the vents, if you stop rebooting, get some case fans(cheap and easy to install) and put them in. I had this problem before and this is what I did and I no longer reboot ever.

i have done that and it helped a little bit, doesnt reboot as often but still happens

Probably still not enough air flow going through it to cool it down, I'd open it up and get some electronics air cleaning stuff to spray out the dust(if any in there) and then install some case fans and see if that helps it. I had this problem with a storebought computer (zero case fans in it, seriously.) How many is in your case?

Does it have a stupid sticker on it so you can't open it up or it will void your warranty? Otherwise open it up and check for some fans. Should be where the vents are on your case. (1 or 2 on the back, maybe 1 or 2 on the front, and possibly on the side as well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom