Rebooting Problem - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2005, 01:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Older But Wiser

You can always try the Old take off all the sides on your box and point a big fan at it. It sounds silly but I've used this method before to isolate internal heat issues.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
AMD FX-8150
16 GB Ram
ASUS GeForce 760 GTX

1TB Sata Seagate
100 Gig Maxtor Sata 7200 Rpm
ASUS DRW 24B3S7 ATA Optical
Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell E228WFP 22"
Old 04-05-2005, 01:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to Ropponmatsu

The last could possibly be your HD temp. The new 6600/6800 and Radeon X's run a lot hotter than older cards so try and find out what the temp is.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well it looks like removing the sides and using a bigger fan fixed it. I also checked the RPMs of the fans and my auxillary fan was running red at 1500. My CPU fan and NB fan are still green. By taking off one of the sides, I took off the 90 fan so not sure if that was the cause of it running red. Also the fan on the case, isn't connected to the MOBO. Would that cause it to think its getting too hot since the mobo can't read it? The temps on the MOBO utility are all under 40c with the cpu temp being the hottest. Should I buy bigger fans? Is 2 120s and 1 90 not enough? Also is it bad to continue running my computer with the sides off and running the fan into it?

Closed Thread