rebooting computer caused by what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onewayup7777

Beta member
I have a computer that is fairly new, (about 3 months old). I been having alot of problems lately with it rebooting at random. It always seems to reboot when i put alot of stress on it, like when i export video or do a virus scan. Its not a virus, because i just reinstalled xp, and during the setup, it rebooted a few times. There is no corosion on the memory, and the cpu fan is fine. I think it is either my power supply or it is my mobo. Is there any way to tell? I put an old HD into the comp. A friend adviced me that i should not keep it in there, he said it would burn up the mobo. I would greatly appreciate help on this one. Thanks

HD wont burn up the mobo.

I suggest first trying a memory tester at memtest86.org or .net

Number two will be underclocking the CPU and seeing if you still crash

What kinda power supply and mobo by the way, as well as RAM and CPU.

Yeah the computer can sometimes reboot if there is too little wattage provided by the power supply.

Check your RAM using memtest86+...if it errors it's probably the RAM. If it doesn't error then chances are it is infact your PSU

the comp can reboot if it dont have enough power and u have lots of shit going on so it cant take it and it restartes or it can be caused by a program that isint comatable with ur system so ur system restarts.

it stopped rebooting now for a while, but now it is doing it again when i export a movie with adobe premiere. it first started rebooting a couple of weeks ago when i was doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom