Rebooting Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

atroxd

Solid State Member
Anyway, I just built a brand new computer.

Specs:
400watt PSU
3ghz intel cpu
1gb corsair ram
9600xt radeon vid card
120gb 7200 IDE WD HDD
and two optical drives

OK well from my previous post, I was having problems with my choppy /laggy computer. I reinstalled the gfx card and the choppy ness disapeared. The gfx card is not updated with its newest drivers because at the time errors came up when i tryed to install them.

A new problem is here, the comuter boots up fine and is fast as can be, but whenever I open a program or do anything intensive with the computer it reboots the machine. Thus i cant open up many programs and i cant install anything, because i cant install without it rebooting i cant update the drivers. I dont know why it is rebooting, can you help me?

run memtest86 and see if you get any errors

just put it on a floppy or cd and boot from it

It says theres no such thing as memtest86. And my friend has an almost identical comp at 430watts psu.

Its not the ram, i switched um out and same problem. Could the gfx card be doing this, because ive been thinking its been faulty since it gave errors while installing drivers.

AHHHHAAAA!!!!!

I removed my sorry ass 9600xt and replaced my old 9200 into my new computer, and guess what, no rebooting...YAY! Now, for now im gonna blame the gfx card being faulty, do you think this is the case after i removed that gfx card and replaced it with an old one and it works?

AHHHHAAAA!!!!!

I removed my sorry ass 9600xt and replaced my old 9200 into my new computer, and guess what, no rebooting...YAY! Now, for now im gonna blame the gfx card being faulty, do you think this is the case after i removed that gfx card and replaced it with an old one and it works?

It's probably one of these three things:
1) not enough power ?maybe
2) overheating
3) faulty

I just had a PC that rebooted, it was due to an over-heating gfx card...hmm, so many possabilities:X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom