Realtek mic problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
I am currently using the onboard realtek sound on my motherboard, and I have a big problem with it. When I try to use my mic, it pics up everything that is coming out of my headphones, making it impossible to talk while listening to music or playing anygames, even when there is no sound it makes this loud noise.

I tried restarting in safe mode to avoid the "Realtek HD audio monitor", to see if that was the problem, but then I don't have any drivers to play the mic in. I even unplugged my headphone once and it still picked up the music I was playing.

This is what the audio I/O page of the drivers look like:

gigabyteaudiodrivers.jpg

When I click on a jack, it brings up a list of different kinds of audio hardware, the list is:

Line in
Mic in
Headphones
Line out
Rear speaker out
Center/Subwoofer speaker out
Side speak out

I currently have the mic as "Mic in" and my headphones checked as "Headphones". Does anybody know anything about if this can be fixed or if GIGABYTE released an update for these drivers?

If worse comes to worse I will just have to use a sound card instead.

From my knowledge it is just a bad configuration, usually it is due to wrongly plugging in your stuff or your software wrongly linking to your hardware ports. It might be solved by downloading a new driver or (since there seems to be none) removing and re-installing the latest driver.

My friend had this same problem, he double checked that everything was installed and plugged in correctly, he stopped using the mic for a few days and when he rebooted it all worked fine. :S

I had some wicked bad problems with this stupid realtek onboard sound before. I couldnt use the mic at all onboard. I thought maybe it was defective or broken, and i didnt use it for six months. I even installed a separate soundcard so i could use ventrilo. Then i updated to the latest driver, and now everything works perfectly. Too bad i quit wow since then and have no use for the mic anymore. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom