Realtek Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunoboy

Baseband Member
Only place i could see to post this. Moderator, if you think of a better section please change it. Thanks.
The comp i am working on is a Dell Dimension 466i with on board Realtek AC97 audio. Every time i try to install the driver it gets to "start to update system" or something to that effect, then it bluescreens and reboots. I have win xp home, a new install. I tried after the base install of xp from disk, no good. tried after sp2, no good. Tried installing net- framework 2 then installing the driver,same! The driver is a403. No matter what i do , with or without any service packs, or with or with out any win updates it will not install.

The really annoying and weird part is there has been no hardware changes since i have installed xp on the same machine a few times and never had any problems installing anything. I cleared the cmos and reset. I ran PCLinux live cd and it verifies the AC97 sound card and it works fine. So no problems with the hardware , not that that would make any difference to the driver install anyway.
Never had this problem before so if any one has any ideas i would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom