This really stumped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrimReaper23 said:
Ok i just bought a new case and put everything exept the ide cables and I connected all of the wires that go into the mobo and does the power sw go into the part that says sp-sw also when I try to turn it on it turns the leds and fans on for about half a second and turns off I'm really stumped on this one so anyhelp is apreciated. It's ethier a faulty PSU which is brandnew and came with case or It has to "charge". anything else would help me out.

Is this a new MOBO or a one you previously had? I've had this problem in the past. Basically everytime i've had this problem it has always been the CMOS CLEAR JUMPERS. Either the MOBO came set in the CMOS CLEAR POSITION to preserve the system battery. The same thing would happen, I would press the power button and the lights and fans would spin for a second and shut off. After either shorting the CMOS or Moving the jumpers from CLEAR to NORMAL. Press the power button and it comes to life.

If this doesn't work for you then keep trying the FRONT PANEL POWER CONNECTERS in the MOBO. The case manual & MOBO manual never say the same thing. There's always some guessing involved.

dude,
have you tried facing the power connector the other way. What i mean is keep it on the same two jumpers but simply face the side which says power on it in the oposite direction.

hmmm ok, are you abel to take a clear shot picture of the layout of the connectors on your mainboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom