Really newbie question!

Steven_

Beta member
Okay, basically, finally got round to digging out my old printer, and it's really dusty inside, my dad thinks it'll be best to hoover it, I think duster gas is the solution, just need a second opinion because I'm sure hoovering it won't be any good, so I think the solution is to use duster gas, just need help confirming either mine or my dad's idea. Thanks
-Steve

For big chucks of dust as long as your not slamming the hose into the printer, it can suck out the big chunks. Then follow up with an air can. Thats what I'd do.

I would also use the hoover to clean out your printer. I would also be careful with the house so you don't jam it in the printer.

Thanks, and got another question, the wheels that grab the paper and pull it through the printer, they are not grabbing it and pulling the paper through as they should be, could you possibly give a suggestion to this problem.
-Steve

There are some vacuums specifically for this kind of thing, but they're pretty ridiculously priced, so a hoover could work. However, I think just aerosol itself would do much better. Just never use anything like a Swiffer, because it uses a static charge to attract dust, and this static could potentially cause damage (NEVER use it over a motherboard).

As for your second problem, make sure you're using thicker paper. Sometimes the super cheap stuff is extra thin, and the rollers suck 'em in two or three at a time. However, since it's old, you probably need new rollers, or maybe even a new belt. But at that point, it's usually cheaper to just get a new printer for like $30. :\ The good news, though, is that'll last you another 5+ years, and you'll be able to get ink for it much more easily depending on how old it actually is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom