Rdram Or Ddram???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalberro

Beta member
Hi, I am going to upgrade my system, but I am still doubting wether I should buy RDRAM or DDR RAM. I am using my computer mainly for gaming. Which one is better RDRAM or DDR RAM ??

Thank you

well,...which one does your mobo support?

considering that you'll upgrade your mobo too,..i suggest that you get ddr sticks

i would definately go with ddr as rd ram is prohibitively expensive, you could prolly get a gig of ddr 400 for the frice of 256mb of rd ram, ,not to mention the price of a mobo that supports rdram

DDR SDRAM has since surpassed RDRAM... buy a motherboard supporting DDR400/PC3200.

DDR is cheaper as well.

lets say I can spend as much money as I want on RAM, should I still buy DDR instead of RDR?

thx
Luis

I was actually thinking about RDRAM myself

well most of the P4's that have hyperthreading have an 800 MHZ FSB, all but the 3.06 GHZ which has a 533 MHZ FSB and the ONLY M/B ive found that supports RDRAM is the GA-8IHXP and that doesn't support an 800 MHZ FSB, only 533/400 MHZ

the P4 with 3066 MHZ is less expensive than the P4 with 3000 MHZ but only by about $10-$20

RDRAM is faster, but DDR is probbably more efficient and there are not many retailers that sell RDRAM

don't expect to find a stick of RDRAM for close to the price of DDR RAM

if you find another M/B that supports RDRAM could you tell me so that i know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom