Techist - Tech Forum

Techist - Tech Forum (http://www.techist.com/forums/)
-   Monitors, Printers and Peripherals (http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/)
-   -   Rare DirectDraw Problem (http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/rare-directdraw-problem-35531/)

dot 01-05-2005 06:14 PM

Rare DirectDraw Problem

One week ago i recieved my XFX nvidia 6600 gt. A weeks use did it for me, today when i got home and loaded up halo i recieved this error message:

A problem occurred initializing DirectDraw. Hardware acceleration maybe disabled, please run DXDIAG.

I have done extensive research using microsofts website and troubleshooting tips however i am still not able to resolve this issue. I have also searched google for this exact problem and others are still puzzled. Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated.

I looked here ( at the bottom of the page there is a list of error messages in RED) and did all of the recomended procedures.

Amd64Boy 01-05-2005 06:18 PM

reinstall the drivers

Apokalipse 01-05-2005 06:21 PM

uninstall the card, and reinstall using the latest drivers

also download DirectX 9.0c as it was built for the Nvidia 6 series

dot 01-05-2005 07:16 PM

i have taken out the card, putten it back in, reinstalled the drivers, and installed directX 9.0c

dot 01-05-2005 07:17 PM

i have also done a full system virus/spyware scan

EricB 01-05-2005 11:25 PM

Re: Rare DirectDraw Problem

Quote:

Originally posted by dot
One week ago i recieved my XFX nvidia 6600 gt. A weeks use did it for me, today when i got home and loaded up halo i recieved this error message:

A problem occurred initializing DirectDraw. Hardware acceleration maybe disabled, please run DXDIAG.

I have done extensive research using microsofts website and troubleshooting tips however i am still not able to resolve this issue. I have also searched google for this exact problem and others are still puzzled. Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated.

I looked here ( at the bottom of the page there is a list of error messages in RED) and did all of the recomended procedures.

I had that problem once, on one of my computers, it eventually led to more problems (crashes, random reboots,etc.). after 3 or 4 unsuccessful reformats didn't fix it, I took the nvidia card out of my computer and threw it in the computer junk pile as 1 bad card. A year later I was building me a third computer I happen to get my hand on 2 free 17 inch dell moniters and my money was low. I took it out of the junk pile (with the plan of replacing it when I got paid) I hook it up, to both moniters (it was dual vga) installed windows on the new computer and it hasn't had a problem since. that was 6 months ago. when I test it with dianostic tools, it passes every tests. it is the computer that I use the most now.

Wierd.

waynejkruse10 01-06-2005 01:31 AM

Do you think this problem is cased by faulty hardware? It could be a software conflict between programs and drivers (more likely).

EricB 01-06-2005 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by waynejkruse10
Do you think this problem is cased by faulty hardware? It could be a software conflict between programs and drivers (more likely).
That what is I had thought Too when I had the problem. I Guess my video card had a hardware conflict with that particular mobo.

Apokalipse 01-06-2005 07:47 AM

try different version drivers

if I use Nvidia forceware 7.0 on my TNT2, I sometimes get these 2 weird lines across the screen when at 2048x1536, so it could be the particular drivers you're using

waynejkruse10 01-06-2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

I use Nvidia forceware 7.0 on my TNT2,
I use Ati drivers 4.10 on my Rage 2c