Random System Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already tested each memory stick seperately. Both still rebooted. So i'm assuming it's not the mem's fault.
putting the stick in there and booting up is not testing the memory. You need a diagnostic program like memtest86+ that you put on a CD-ROM or bootable floppy and have that be your first boot device...THAT fully tests your RAM. Other than that all signs point to the PSU.

that was stange too. because any computer that handle pc 100 should handle pc 133 ram

Where on earth would you get that idea? It makes no sense to assume a computer will handle a higher speed rated stick of RAM because it can handle the lower speed...that's just wrong.

it's cool, we all make mistakes and get told wrong information...the world and most governments use that to keep it's people in line half the time :p but yeah man, you gotta assume that the pc100 is the most it can handle then read up and see if it could handle the pc133 (I know that situation has passed I'm just speaking in retrospect)

Geotech, just because both sticks run serparately doesn't mean the RAM isn't your problem. I personally have run across pieces of ram that run FINE by themselves, but don't run well when run at the same time. Are they the same brand of ram?

Geotech, just because both sticks run serparately doesn't mean the RAM isn't your problem. I personally have run across pieces of ram that run FINE by themselves, but don't run well when run at the same time. Are they the same brand of ram?
marlfox is absolutely right....that's why I told you you need to use a program like memtest86+ and see if you get any errors. This would have and will tell you if the RAM combined in your system is giving you problems. But for the most part I'm leaning towards the PSU but still, if the two sticks don't like each other or aren't the same speeds then something could be up and will cause things like random reboots

lol. I got the problem solved. My mom just bought a whole new computer :p

but thanx for the info nubius and marlfox. but the thing was even before i could do memtest or something like that with seperate sticks, it reboots.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom