random shutdowns PLZ HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom234

Baseband Member
I just built my own pc. And it is really fast. but when i play call of duty united offence or someother games it will randomly go to a blue screen and just shake with nothing happenning or just shut down the program. I usually hurry and turn off my computer then. Is it posable the ram is faulty i have to 1 gb kit of PDP ddr 400.
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO:(

Posting your specifications would allow us to get a better grasp as to what may be causing the problem.

It could be faulty memory, although I'm leaning more towards a video card that can't handle the game.

Well my specs are
-amd athlon 64 3200
-i gb kit of pdp memory pc3200
-24 bit sound card
- abit radeon x800 256mb gddr3 256 bit.

I doubt its my graphics card though it should be able to handle any game i want to play on high graphics. it better be at least i payed 400 bucks for it. well i hope this helps u determind the problem.

Check your memory with a program called memtest86+ just google that name to find it. Put it on a bootable CD or Floppy and check the RAM for errors. If you got errors then you've pin pointed the problem which it does indeed sound like its your RAM.

I've never heard of PDP so it could be low quality sticks.

well it is also known as patriot memory
that might be its more populuar name.thanks for the advise i will try that and get back to u.

hey well i did what u said. but im not sure if i did it right i set my bios to boot from cd rom and it said it was but then it would go and start starting up windows xp. does that mean there was no errors.

i was having random shut downs as well, was stumped for over a month. i finally decided it was service pack 2. i dont know what os your running but i unstalled sp2 and then reinstalled it and it seems to be running fine now. been 1.5 weeks since it crashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom