Random Password Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

steiney

Banned
Hello All!

This is my first time posting at this forum, and I'm posting in here because I couldn't find a more suitable category for my question. I hope this is appropriate.

For my job, I use a computer system that requires a username, randomly generated password, and fixed password. It's really annoying because I have to carry around a little key fob that generates a password when the button is clicked.

I have been trying to figure out a way to figure out the algorithm the clicker uses to generate its passwords, since I know that there's no such thing as true "random". I haven't had much luck googling for a solution. If a computer program could figure out the method of generating the passwords, then that same program could generate the passwords itself, and I wouldn't have to carry around the key fob.

I thought I'd post here as this appears to be a widely used technology forum. If anyone has any ideas on how I could figure out the algorithm using a computer program or any other means, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,

steiney

Sorry but we can't help. There is a reason why your company wants you to carry around the key fob. We are not going to help you hack it so you don't have to do what security measures of your job requires. The company came up with this for a reason, they don't it bypassed for the same reason.

If it's an RSA SecurID tag you won't find any solution. Like KSoD said, there's a reason they make you carry it around.

It is true that there is no such code as completely random, but the algorithms used come extremely close. There is no way to solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom