Random freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Hey all, recently in the past three days I have noticed my computer has started to freeze up completely every now and again. Doesn't matter what I'm doing although it seemingly happens more often when I'm gaming (not even too intensive games, like Warcraft 3, Americas Army, etc.).
The computer will freeze and the sound goes into a constant loop or starts going "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZWHWHZHWHWH" (you get the picture). I then have to restart the machine and it will run fine for maybe even hours, before then freezing again.
I just can't work out what it is, nothing has changed within the past three days hardware wise, I have all the latest drivers, nothing is overheating (check both CPU and GPU regularly).

Any ideas? Any help would be GREEEAT, this is driving me insane.

(P.S: I have run every virus and spyware scan in existance and all is green and clean)

Damned, with my sig removed so are my specs. Here they be:

AMD 64 754 3400+
Antec NEO Power 480W
2048mb of Corsair PC3200 RAM
128mb 6800 GT
K8V-T800 Pro Mobo

my computer seems to be freezing up too, and it cant even do the switch-user sounds.

Could this be a virus that anti-viruses cant even fix?

I am surpised that your computer freezes Diabetic, because its pretty nice...

nah, I wouldn't mate, I'm pretty sure our problems are of a different 'breed'.

Its just that socket 754's memory controllers are ***** to put it bluntly.

Right, running with just 1gb is a bit of a ballache and would really like to use my other gb to be able to run more memory hungry programs better.

Is there any chance it might be something like my PSU not supplying enough power, thus causing the freezes? Does RAM actually use much voltage anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom