Random blank screen frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP

Solid State Member
My friend has an Athlon 1.8GHZ 512MB RAM that has been working fine for two years now. Recently it developed a problem whereby the screen randomly goes blank. The computer continues to hum along fine, it's just the screen that goes blank. The ONLY way to get anything back on the screen is to reboot the computer. It's as if the screen goes into standby and won't come out of it.

Initially I thought it would be something to do with the screen or video card, but it isn't. The problem continues no matter what screen is used, no matter what video card is used, what video card drivers are used, what motherboard drivers are used, what BIOS settings are used, reformatting and reinstalling WindowsXP, removing RAM modules .. blah blah blah .....

I now have no idea what it could be.

Has anyone ever heard of this problem before?

I can provide more specs if it would help but I can't see that it will ... after all ... it was working fine for two years and now this for the past three months!

Sometimes I wish I had never offered to help ... my own computer has forgotten what I look like!!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom