ram and video card suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsidian

Beta member
So, what you see in my signature is components that I've either already purchased or at least have decided on for my new pc build. The main 2 things I'm unsure of are the ram and video card to purchase. I've been considering buying a pair of Corsair 1GB DDR400 TWINX1024-3200LLPT's. The latency is something like 2-2-2-6. They're compatible with my motherboard as long as I boost the latency to like 2-3-2 or 2-3-3. But that's 280 bucks for a gig of ram!!! :mad: Is the low latency worth the price? Will I experience any considerable drop in performance? I have a dual channel board so I don't want to stray away from the DDR400. Also, I've been comparing benchmarks for various GeForce FX and ATI Radeon cards. I don't know what I want there but I know I don't want to go broke! Any suggestions would be welcome! Thank you. :D

As sad as I am to say it, the Geforce FX has dissapointed me. I still love Nvidia and would not risk the instability that ATI cards have always been known for, so my preference would be a High end GF4 TI.

As far as the ram, from my experience, you will only see the difference with latency in your benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom