RAM or VIDEO CARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaime

Solid State Member
ok i posted something earlier with my full desired spec, but im still very confused.

I am getting

amd athalon 3800+
2gig dual low latency ram
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6600 GT PCX 128MB DDR3

now someone said i should lower the ram, and get a better graphics card, its just i am not so much bothered about the detail of my games, more the speed they load at.

So if i were to lower ram and increase graphics card, would that make games load faster or slower?

thanks

You ain't gonna use 2 gigs of RAM even for games. So yeah, just stick with 1GB RAM and get an nVidia 6800GT maybe.

well you might want to keep the RAM if your going to be trying to do some video editing and using Adobe Photoshop or something. But 1 GB should be plenty of RAM for just gaming.

Yeah it depends what you do, for gaming take a gig of Ram off and go for the 6800GT. For video editing or something like that it's good.

Qwert said:
Yeah it depends what you do, for gaming take a gig of Ram off and go for the 6800GT. For video editing or something like that it's good.

Exactly what I was going to say.

If you have enough money for both the RAM and the Video Card. Than get both. My cousin has 2 gigs of RAM and his computer and games run soooo smoothly, he cut the pagefile down to only 2 mb.

But when it comes to games your video card has the highest priority.

well i would go with the 1 gig cause u can always add ram but its not as ez or cheap to get a better video card!!!
Upgrade ur ram later if u see that 1 gig isnt enought which it prolly will be thought so get the card.
but if i were u i would get 512mbram and a 7800gtx just a hint. ull never have to uprgade. then upgrade a ram later

get a gig of good ram and get a better video card w/ the money. 2gig of ram is pretty much a waste righ tnow cause nothing uses it cept video editing and photoshop. For gaming 1gig is plenty and anything more than that sorta slows it down. w/ the cash i would get some good OCZ or twinmos and a leadtek 6800GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom