ram upgrade or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmonk888

Baseband Member
hey guys.. ive got a dilemma that i have no idea how to solve
ok .. here it is ... i have a k8t neo2 939 pin motherboard that supports dual channel ram but im assuming thats not really DDR2 .. because it only says it accepts 266/333/400 DDR SDRAM on the board. now here is the deal
i have generic nanya 512 pc2700 ram 333mhz.. 2 sticks of 512
is it worth the money to get some high quality fast memory, like kingston HyperX or Corsair XMS pc3200 sticks 2X512 dual bank ?
im not sure if there will be any performance increase

so what do you guys think ,.. go out and buy faster memory or hold out for a year or so until i get a brand new computer with newer technology?

I would get the 3200, its faster (400MHz), you will notice a difference. Get the corsair. You can use the memory if you get a new comp next year.

Keep in mind if you add the 3200 to your 2700 sticks making it 2gb it will only run as fast as the slowest chips in your motherboard.

i know ... i dont want to add anything just thinking of buying and running only those.. so you guys overall think it would be worth the 200 bucks to get xms corsair 3200 instead of generic 2700?

I don't know. $200 is a lot of money. It really depends on your budget. Are you a gamer? Get the 3200 if you are a gamer.

Also, you have the 90nm version of that CPU. I heard the BIOS needs to be flashed to use more than 1 stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom