RAM upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
I wanted to improve my framerate on doom3 just a little bit and get more memory. I want to get a good graphics card but I spent all of my money on other things, but I have enough for a stick of ram. If I get a stick of ram will it improve the framerate just a little bit. Also Im getting the ram for some light video editing and etc also to get rid of the overhead that comes with SP2. Also i just want to take advantage of my FSB.

I want to get Mushkin PC-3200 512mb (i already have a stick of this in my computer and It will run dual channel)

It should improve your framerate greatly. From the sounds of dual channel, I believe it shall greatly improve.

If you do get the ram it will most definetly improve your gaming by a bit.

What type of Mushkin is it.

just so you know even sometimes when you get the exact same sticks they might not necessarily work in dual channel. That's why RAM labeled as "Dual Channel" has that on the label because it means it's been tested and guaranteed to run in DC.

If you already have 512mb, you should probably notice a smoother gameplay but don't know how many extra FPS you'll get really.

It should improve greatly! RAM speed and amount improves computer performance overall, and actually dual channel is the best, and it is complicated to say it, but data travels less distance, so to speak, but Nubius is right, I would try to buy the 512 and try it out, but if it doesnt work, than your best bet is to buy RAM that is labeled DC.

Ok thanks. Oh NEOSTEVE it is the Basic Enhanced stick of 512mb 2.5-4-4 timing I can get it for like $68 but for some reason the prices on newegg change like everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom